Creative Commons, Copyright Free Graphics, Clip Art, and Royalty Free Stock Photos
An American academic is creating a searchable database of 12 million historical copyright-free images. Kalev Leetaru has already uploaded 2.6 million pictures to Flickr, which are searchable thanks to tags that have been automatically added.
IM FREE A curated collection of free resources, all for commercial use. Curated collections of free commercial use photos.
IM FREE does not host the images itself. Instead it provides the user with a gateway to Flickr. This makes sure, that the photos are downloaded directly from the accounts of the participating photographers, which in itself makes sure, that chnges in licensing will never fall through the grids. Another advantage is, that all of Flickr’s different resolutions are available at your finger tips.
The Open Clipart Library (OCAL) is the Largest Collaboration Community that creates, shares and remixes clipart. All clipart is released to the public domain and may be used in any project for free and with no restrictions.
- Creative Commons
You can search for audio, video, images, text, and more. "Creative Commons offers a flexible range of protections and freedoms for authors and artists. We have built upon the "all rights reserved" of traditional copyright to create a voluntary "some rights reserved" copyright. We're a nonprofit. All of our tools are free." Creative Commons also offers a search tool.
You may download and store only the images you plan to use as materials for the creation of a project, website or publication.
- Yahoo! Creative Commons Search
July 8, 2005, this utility limits searches to audio, images, text, video, and other formats that are free to share online and whose authors allow you to re-use it for some purposes without paying royalties or asking permission. Creative Commons also offers a search tool, but Yahoo! seems to cover more sites with more content. Yahoo! also offers search limits for "content I can use for commercial purposes" and "content I can modify, adapt, or build upon." (Greg Notess, "Internet Search Engine Update," Online, July/August 2005, p.15).
- Free Public Domain Photo Database - 1000's of royalty free photos for use. PDPhoto.org is a repository for free public domain photos. Unless something is clearly marked as being copyrighted, you can assume it is free to use.
- Wikipedia Public_domain_images
FREE CLIP ART
- Make your own animated Gif 7 Dead Simple Ways To Make Your Own GIFs There are, of course, other YouTube to GIF solutions.
- ORIGINAL K-12 SCHOOL STUDENT CLIP ART excellent clipart created by her students. Putting it on the Web both motivates her students by publicly recognizing their accomplishments AND duplicates excellence by making it available to all.
- FREE CLIP ART
- San Francisco Chronicle provides a selection of [winter] holiday cards for you to download, print and share. The cards were created by artists, designers and illustrators at The Chronicle. All cards are blank on the inside for your personal greetings.
FREE Graphics &
New Old Stoc khttp://nos.twnsnd.co/
Free Stock Photos This site allows you to use a wide rangeof beautiful government owned photos for free. The pictures may be used in both educational and commercial projects. The only restriction seems to be that you include the name. FreeStockPhotos.com in or near the pictures you use and that you are not able resell them as "stock photos". Scenery ;Wildlife; Wildflowers & Plants; Objects & Backgrounds Sky; Clouds,Sunsets Travel & Recreation Cities & Buildings; NASA | NOAA | USDA; Water & Geology ;Historical Places Miscellaneous;3D Stereo; Photography
This photo sharing site requires free registration for use. Designed to assist people in sharing photos with family and friends, it is also a great place to search for photos.
Powerhouse Museum's Electronic Swatchbook - small samples of fabric have been collected and compiled in the form of swatchbooks for at least 300 years. The Powerhouse Museum has several volumes containing thousands of bright, unfaded samples of fashionable fabric designs, braids and laces ranging from the 1830s to the 1920s. The patterns on this site are in the public domain in Australia.
Public Domain Images
Public domain photos. Some freebies but the site is largely promotes a book and search services. (from Knight (1998)
A place to keep post production materials for use of reference, an inactive job file. This morgue file contains free high resolution digital stock photography for either corporate or public use.
The term "morgue file" is popular in the newspaper business to describe the file that holds past issues flats. Although the term has been used by illustrators, comic book artist, designers and teachers as well. The purpose of this site is to provide free image reference material for use in all creative pursuits. This is the world wide web's morguefile.
Has photographs and an "ImageBlender" where you can edit digital images. "Copyright friendly images for education" available for use in teacher or student projects.
FREE DHD Photo Gallery: The Lobby http://www.hd.org/Damon/photos/
Purchace Royalty Free Photos
MICROSTOCK very image from each of the leading microstock vendors allowing for side-by-side comparison of pricing, licensing models and terms. The new site was developed by PressFoto, an emerging microstock company offering some of the most aggressive pricing and flexible licensing models in the business. Microstock.photos has indexed more than 30 million photos from iStockphoto, Shutterstock, Fotolia, PressFoto and others. Users can search by title, keyword, orientation, size and color as well as blank area for copy. Search results reveal images from all the sites that are either identical or similar and provides comparative cost and licensing options.
Free Stock Photos 100's of photo's in all catagories.
- Superfamous (requires attribution)http://superfamous.com/
- The Pattern Libraryhttp://thepatternlibrary.com/
- Little Visualshttp://littlevisuals.co/
- Death to the Stock Photohttp://join.deathtothestockphoto.com/
- istockphoto purchase royalty-free images.
- PhotoObjects.net Requires a subscription or pay-per-download. Royalty-free stock photograph images that already have clipping paths "and ready to drop into any background, combining high-resolution stock photo image quality with the simplicity of vector art." Images can be searched by keyword, by category and by color. This new search option may retrieve "photo object images you may not have found by using the more traditional keyword or category searches."
- Free Stock Photos
Browse through the categories of our huge gallery containing over 100.000 quality stock photos by more than 9.000 users! Need a wallpaper for your desktop? Need a pic for your commercial website design? Looking for inspiration? Have a look around. Share your photos with fellow designers! SXC is a friendly community of photography addicts who generously offer their works to the public free of charge. If you have some nice photos that you'd like to share with others, join us!
- Screem Design
Free animated Gif's, Backgrounds,Buttons,
- CLICK How to get a picture of the screen you see.
- Wildlife Photo Safari - nearly 20,000 wildlife slides donated to Colorado State University Libraries by Warren and Genevieve (Genny) Garst . 700+ animal species, including mammals, reptiles, birds, insects and aquatic wildlife. Press Search, then enter the common name on the next page, and youre off! U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service online digital media library. Enter a keyword, press search, and youre off!
- Digital Library Project, University of California, Berkeley.
- Tech4learning.com. Many images, not just animals.
Students and teachers can now make the most of their valuable time by finding copyright-friendly, free images for multimedia projects, Web sites, newsletters and more! No need to worry about buying image collections or copyright infringement, get creative for free! Your students can contribute to the global community by donating images you have taken or created for use by students and teachers. Contributors to Pics4Learning retain the copyright for their images but agree to their use in educational student projects. All donated images are approved by a group of educator volunteers before they are posted to the site
- Bells and Whistles
- Art Today
Largest searchable, categorized set of clipart, photos, fonts, web graphics and sounds available. 1.4 million available with a paid membership. 40 thousand are free
- HTML Goodies
primers: the basics, banners, java scripting; tutorials: getting started, tables, backgrounds, forms, frames, image maps, images, colors, buttons, browsers; beyond HTML--webmaster tips: style sheets, java scripting, java applets, cgi scripting and DHTML
- Getty Images (www.gettyimages.com) has a library of royalty-free images.
- Hot Technology Tips
Every US gov web site (and probably some state and local web sites) will have public domain images: All have royalty free images --