classroom PROJECT TEMPLATE
Instructions for using this template.
- Make a folder on your hard drive to contain all your PROJECT documents.
- Save this file as a source file and put it into a folder set up to contain all your PROJECT documents. Go to the File menu, select Save As..., type project.html, select your project folder in the dialogue box, and click Save.
- Open your HTML editor
- Go to File Menu, select Open, find FunkBrothers.html and select Open.
- Now proceed to Cut/paste your way down the page as you insert the information pertinent to your Project.
1 -- MAKE A WEB QUEST
2 -- PICK ONE OF THE "FAMOUS PERSONS" or "FAMOUS GROUPS"
1) WRITE A REPORT ON A MUSICIAN OR GROUP
Choose one of your favorite musicians or musical groups. - Present this person or group to the class.
- Play some of their music.
- Tell them any inside information you know.
- Tell them what style of music is their specialty.
- Tell them why you like this person or group.
2) WRITE SONG LYRICS
Use the tune to one of your favorite songs to write a song about the "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP". Rewrite the song with your own words. It can be a story about his/her life, or something unusual about him/her. This could also be done as a rap.
3) WRITE A MAGAZINE INTERVIEW
You are a magazine reporter. "THE BEATLES" have just come to America! Write a magazine article about the British invasion. Imagine that you personally interviewed the Beatles. Imagine how they would have answered your questions. Make a webquest for THE BEATLES.
The "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP " has taken an extra job.
- He/She needs the money to feed their kids!
- He/She has just agreed to endorse your product. You have invented a new type of guitar. This guitar can be any brand you choose (example: Guild, Fender,Classical, Electric you decide).
- Present a 30 - second radio commercial presenting your new guitar to the world.
5) UNSOLVED MYSTERIES
Create a skit for "Unsolved Mysteries" about the mysterious events that surrounded the "FAMOUS PERSON'S" death.
6) GRAPHIC ART DESIGNER
You are a graphic art designer. You have just signed a contract with FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP'S record company to design a hot new CD cover for his/her new CD. This is your big break! Design "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" a flashy CD cover that will boost his/her CD sales! List ten of his/her greatest hits on the back jacket cover of the CD. Use the Internet to match "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" personality with their CD cover.
PERFORM - MAKE A VIDEO
2014 Pyne Poynt Middle School Choir Happy
This project can be done in cooperation with your art teacher or it can be done entirely on computer with the help of your technology specialist or classroom teacher. The art work can be used during a PTA open house or academic fair as visual student work).
7) MOVIE NARRATION
Write a 60-second narration for a movie about the "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP'S" life. It will be previewed at your local theatre for those going to see the newest movie release.
8) SCREENWRITER PROJECT
You are a screenwriter for the ""FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" TV SHOW. You have been asked to seek out new guests for the show and provide the "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" with some "inside information" about new guests for the show. You also help the "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" by giving THEM a list of questions that will keep THEM her on track.
Provide space for questions that guests will get to ask the "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP". Space is also provided for "facts which you learned about "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP".
This idea could be a basis for cooperative learning. Recorder I lists inside information for the group, Recorder II lists five questions for the group, Spokesperson I reports inside information to the class, and Spokesperson II reports questions for "FAMOUS PERSON / GROUP" to the class.